aha!Chinese, Inc. is committed to make safe and quality content that family members of all ages can enjoy. In the cyberspace world, this trust is even more important to your family, and to ahachinese.com. To make sure that this site stays safe and fun, we are committed to:
1. In almost all activities, the information we collect is non-personal (such as first name, age, city and state). If you enter a contest, send us a question or send an electronic postcard, we will also ask for an e-mail address. We only collect enough information from our visitors to make activities on ahachinese.com fun and interesting.
2. If you submit stories, artwork, comments or anything else to us that is posted on our site, you will be identified on our site only by first name, age, city and state.
3. If you send us an e-mail with a question or comment, or enter one of our contests, we will write back using your e-mail address, but we will not keep the address or use it again.
4. If you ask ahachinese.com to send an electronic postcard or e-mail message, we will ask for your first name and e-mail address as well as the e-mail address of the person who will receive the postcard. We will only use this information to send the postcard or message and we will delete the information when the postcard or message is sent.
5. No one will be excluded from our site for not giving us personal information. When we do ask for personal information (like an e-mail address), we will only keep it until that particular activity is complete. We will not share this information with a third party.
6. If we know a visitor is under the age of thirteen, we will collect a parent's permission offline (by postal mail, fax or phone) before we mail any prizes, or collect or share personal information with anyone else.
7. When you create a username or password on ahachinese.com we do not collect any information that would allow us or anyone else to identify you. When prompted to create a username, we recommend you use non-personally identifiable information.
As you visit ahachinese.com, it is possible that several cookies will be set on your computer.
ahachinese.com uses the information from cookies to deliver relevant local resources, remember browser preferences, and improve our visitors' experiences on the site. No personal information is ever stored in an ahachinese.com cookie, even if you have entered your name or e-mail address on other parts of ahachinese.com. ahachinese.com does not sell information collected by cookies or use the information for commerce-related purposes. In addition, ahachinese.com will not filter content based on your preferences without permission.
We are committed to help families and communities find the information they need to use the Internet safely and responsibly.
All links to third party sites are insulated with a ahachinese.com bridge page. These pages clearly notify the visitor that he or she is leaving ahachinese.com, and offers an opportunity to return to ahachinese.com. We are not responsible for the content or safety and privacy practices at any sites linked from our pages. Your family's use of this site is conditioned on your having accepted these terms. You should check back to this policy frequently, since it is subject to change from time to time, and your continued use of the site is conditioned upon your acceptance of any modifications hereto. If you have any questions or concerns regarding this policy, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also contact us at 366 Amsterdam Avenue, #238 NY, NY 10024.
Please read the Terms and Conditions for using this site.
Last modified: November 18, 2007