2011 is the Year of the Rabbit, or Hare, ( 兔 ) the fourth animal in the 12-year cycle of the Sheng Xiao, or Chinese zodiac. People born in the year of the Rabbit are said to take on that animal’s characteristics.
With his graceful and nimble movements, the Rabbit symbolizes graciousness, good manners, wise counsel, kindness and sensitivity to beauty. One of the most cautious signs in the zodiac, the Rabbit is soft-spoken and reserved, but amiable, self-assured and articulate. Therefore, people born under this sign will lead a tranquil life, enjoying peace and quiet.
Possessing good judgment, flexibility and compassion, those born under the Rabbit will shine in the fields of law, politics and government. They are extremely lucky in business and monetary transaction. With artistic skill, their thoroughness make them good scholars. They are most compatible with those born in the years of the Sheep, Pig, and Dog.
Before you think the Hare’s qualities reflect perfection, know too that he can be moody, detached, superficial, self-indulgent, opportunistic and stubborn!
Since the Year of the Rabbit is associated with home and family, artistic pursuits, diplomacy and keeping the peace, 2011 should be calmer, both personally and politically.
People born within these dates were born in the Year of the Rabbit:
- 29 January 1903 – 15 February 1904
- 14 February 1915 – 2 February 1916
- 2 February 1927 – 22 January 1928
- 19 February 1939 – 7 February 1940
- 6 February 1951 – 26 January 1952
- 25 January 1963 – 12 February 1964
- 11 February 1975 – 30 January 1976
- 29 January 1987 – 16 February 1988
- 16 February 1999 – 4 February 2000
- 3 February 2011 – 22 January 2012